Canada Day themed letter match clip cards have been on my list of things to do for a while now and I finally had time to create the printable! Keep reading for your free download of the clip cards printable in celebration of this year’s Canada150 (Canada’s 150th Birthday!).
This activity can be presented in a couple of different ways depending on prep time availability.
Canada Day Clip Card Letter Match:
- Print off the printable on cardstock or other thicker durable paper.
- Cut out all Maple Leafs.
- Laminate them for added durability (I have my laminating done locally at Education Station as they are the cheapest and quickest to have it done.)
- If you had them laminated, cut them out.
- I found smaller red clothespins at Michaels and offered them along with the cards to begin the activity.
- Have your child identify the one out of the three lowercase letters which corresponds with the uppercase letter in the centre of the leaf.
- Once identified, have your child clip the clothes pin over the matching letter and then draw another leaf.
Canada Day Uppercase to Lowercase Letter Match Sheets:
- If cutting and laminating aren’t your thing, a) I don’t blame you hahaha those leaves aren’t pleasant to cut out! and b) they do take time to cut out!…so you can just print them out and use them as letter match sheets.
- Print off the sheets of the printable and have your child circle the corresponding uppercase to lowercase letters. Other options are putting stickers on the matching ones, using a bingo dabber, highlighting, pointing to, and much more!
- You could still laminate the sheets or stick a piece of contact paper over top for repeated use and added durability. Whiteboard and other erasable markers are great to use when laminated.
Don’t forget to share the Canada Day Letter Match Clip Cards with your friends to help them celebrate Canada150 as well!